Back in July, Craig Applegath of the Twenty First Century Imperative podcast invited me on his show. The podcast explores the insights, approaches, experiences of scientists, planners, engineers, designers, business entrepreneurs, politicians and other successful change-makers, who are finding smart, effective ways to answer one or more of the three critical challenges of the Twenty First Century Imperative:
- How will we continue to live on our planet without destroying our biosphere?
- How will we repair and regenerate the environmental damage we have already caused?
- How will we successfully adapt to the escalating impacts of climate change?
During our discussion, Craig and I focused on three main areas:
- global food security and sustainability;
- the link between climate-induced food insecurity and climate refugees – and the possible solutions to the related challenges;
- the reality that there are no silver bullets to the critical environmental challenges we face; but at the same time there are still a number of positive solutions to our problems that are “lights at the end of the tunnel”.
Thanks again, Craig, for having me on the show!